Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good ol' Chicago Ave

There seems to be a new, reoccurring theme in my life: my daily walk to Subway on Chicago Ave. It may sound simple enough, but that street is ghetto and full of surprises. For example, just the other day we found a lone pair of dentures sitting on a trashcan, waiting for their owner to return. And today, we saw a car getting towed that had been obliterated by someone who felt it necessary to sideswipe it and drive away. Or how about the crazy woman a few weeks ago who got so excited when she saw my coworker's retractable badge clip, asking with glee if it was a whistle or maybe even a loudspeaker!

Now that my joystick project has come to an end, this will make for a new, good theme as I continue my adventure in MN. Keep your eyes peeled for more craziness from Chicago Ave. I'll see you soon.

No comments: